At Opportunity Sustainability we see sustainability fundamentally as smart business. Sustainability leads to operational resilience. We seek out innovative and collaborative opportunities to create sustainable value for our clients. That value can come from low lying fruit of energy and waste cost savings to business systems innovation in supply chain, product development, NGO alliances, and overall sustainability strategy.
Sustainability is about innovation.
Sustainability is the smart way to do business.
Sustainability leads to operational resilience.
We offer several levels of engagement:
Straight Up Consulting:
- Strategy, Planning, and Implementation
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Materiality Analysis
- Facilities auditing (waste, energy, efficiency)
- Green business strategy
- Sustainability/CSR Communication strategies
- “Greenwash” prevention
- Sustainable value creation
- Energy and waste opportunity development
- Greening the supply chain (environmental and social impacts)
- Greening your HR department
- CSR/Sustainability reporting
- Stakeholder / NGO engagement and alliances
- Employee engagement
- Volunteer efforts that speak to company values
Project Management for overloaded sustainability teams:
- Presentation development
- Strategic Planning and Retreat Facilitation
- Reporting (GRI, Best Practices, etc.)
- Website development / integration
Sustainability Workshops: Lunch & Learns, half/full day workshops, multi-day retreats. Most workshops work best as a series as the topics of sustainability are extensive and can be overwhelming.
- Zero Waste
- Sustainability Onboarding Programs
- Integrated Sustainability Planning
- Personal Sustainability Plans (PSPs)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Low Lying Fruit of Waste and Energy
- Attitudes and Perspectives
CSO/CRO/Sustainability Director For Hire: Most Fortune 500 corporations have a senior manager or executive working directly with the CEO and board to lead the sustainability or CSR efforts. As companies develop their sustainability plans, most CEOs and executive teams soon realize that a specialized sustainability leader is needed – someone who has the ear and voice of the CEO and Board and can work cross functionally to integrate sustainability into the strategic operations of the company. Matthew Rochte can be brought on board as a director for hire on a full or part time basis for companies not ready or able to bring in their own full time CSO/CRO or Sustainability Director.
Sustainable Leadership Coaching: Working one-on-one with the senior leaders on sustainable leadership skills, emotional intelligence, sounding board. See our sister site WorkingIntentionally for more information.
Green Career Counseling: Got a quick green career question, new to the field, interested in green career advice, or an understanding of the industry? We’ve assisted dozens of green career search professionals.
Given the number of requests we get on a weekly basis for this kind of phone or in-person “interview” / “brain-picking” sessions we created this option to guarantee value and scheduling of appointments. Ask as many questions as you like on the topics of your choice for $2/minute. A minimum payment for 15 minutes is required in advance to reserve a meeting. Payable via paypal or in person by cash/creditcard. Subsequent time is charged in fifteen minute increments. (Exceptions are made on a case by case basis).
Corporate Billing: Weekly, monthly, or incremental project billing. Net 15. Service on retainer is an option for longer-term and flexible project and strategy use.